Sometimes, it’s the simple things in life that can give us the most pleasure. Unfortunately, they are often the things that we don’t take enough time to truly appreciate and treasure. So stop, look around, breathe deeply and take a moment to drink in the small things. Pay attention to the simple pleasures in life that make you smile on the inside and out. Here are a few of mine this week…
1. I’ve been making fresh lemonade by the bucketload! It’s been so warm and this is the most refreshing (non-alcoholic!) drink imaginable. It also reminds me of being in Sorrento, where we drank loads of the stuff, which makes it taste even better! Keep an eye out for my recipe, which I’ll be posting very soon.
2. I’ve been spending much more time in the garden recently thanks to the lovely weather. Snoozing in the sun is such a lovely way to spend an hour – this has been my view. So peaceful and relaxing.
3. Our local bakery sells the most delicious strawberry tarts I have ever tasted. The fact that the lady behind the counter now refers to them as my ‘usual’ is slightly worrying! They’re not really helping my beach diet, but they’re definitely making me very, very happy!
4. I picked some gorgeous fresh lavender from my friend’s garden the other day. It looks really pretty and smells amazing!
5. Life has been so hectic lately and there doesn’t seem to have been much time to get lost in a book. I’ve stocked up on magazines and loaded up my kindle and I plan on having a few well-deserved, lazy reading days. I might actually manage to finish a book – something I’ve been trying to do for months! I’m starting with The Paris Wife by Paula McLain which I have wanted to read for ages. I’ll let you know what I think!
6. It’s becoming a bit of a tradition for us to go strawberry picking at our local farm each summer and this one is no exception. We managed to come away with £19 worth of strawberries, raspberries and tayberries! A little excessive, but we managed to eat them all – they were so juicy and sweet.
7. I love that summer evening dusky light that you get at this time of year just before it’s quite dark. It’s so nice to have the curtains open a little longer in the evening, but a few candles make everything still feel really cosy.
8. This week’s naff inspirational quote is a reminder to be true to yourself, despite what others may think. Believe it or not, these profound words were apparently uttered by none other than Dr. Seuss! I think that makes me like it even more!
I hope you all had a great week. Have you been up to anything interesting?